BBQ and GrillFood Tips

BBQ Side Burner Blackens Pots

How do I stop the BBQ side burner from blackening pots?

By Blair from Oshawa, ON

When camping, we rub dishwashing liquid on the bottom and sides of our pots to prevent blackening; just smear a dab or two of it around with your hand or a paper towel. I suspect this will work for your situation as well.

I was going to say the same thing - if you can't fix the burner, at least keep the pots from getting all sooty. This works great for pots on any kind of fire - the soap just slides right off when you wash the pot.

I tried the liquid dish soap and it cleaned up in a snap. Is there any information on how to stop the burner from burning in such a way as to blacken the pots in the first place?

There must be a way to set the burner on a BBQ to burn clean like stove inside the trailer.