Organizing With Free Boxes

To organize more than one thing of different or the same sizes is not always so easy. Although it's all in where you go shopping. When we started to go to Aldi's I was impressed with their prices, although what REALLY caught my eyes were the boxes that I could take home for FREE!

These boxes have lids, but the front is out for the shoppers to see and pick what they would like. Like a dream come true, less work for me! Just what I needed to be able to see what is in the box.

I brought them home, cut them to the height I needed if necessary. Got a sheet of Optix (plastic glass), and cut that to fit box front (having paper on floor in case of glue coming out front side), I glued the cardboard from inside using glue called Liquid Nails adhesive. I placed plastic glass inside of box over the glue. Then I put heavy things around the edges of the glued part so it will hold strong and left that dry over night.

Next day I had some really nice storage boxes that I use for holding crochet thread, yarn, my small bottle paints, gladiola's stored over winter, fabric, great for garage and basement things that just need a place to be put into so you can find them when you want them. They come in different sizes, you can decorate them if you want. Drilling through the plastic (at box center) you can put a knob in front to get off the shelf. If the box is colored use white contact paper to label them.

By Adele

How clever! That is a great idea, so much cheaper than buying the rubbermaid storage boxes, and these look really sturdy.

By Ela Heyn (Guest Post)

Great idea! Where do you get Optix, please? Thank you!

- Ela (ferret at panix dot com)

By Carol Tewksbury (Guest Post)

All I can say is job well done!!! Super idea!!

By Dot (Guest Post)

Like Aldi's alot but had an experience that was not so nice....got to the store, got all the food and found all the registers were broken but one and then the line with one gal was about 21 people in front of me....then I had to use the ladies room and it was locked had to get a key and for what? it was so dirty and the toilet didnt flush.....wow ! then got all the food pd for $92 and the chicken corn soup was $1.29 a can, campbells chunky is 3 for $3, the others are 43cents a can there. good soup but isnt it over priced? this store in Kingston,Pa. was not even stocked after the holiday.....no one show up? very odd and disappointed.

Wow! I have never had that experience with Aldi's. I recommend you find their corporate office and report them.

What a great Idea! This is better than the "tote" organizers too.

For one, the boxes are free. Two, you can see what is inside without opening the box. And third, you can use for keeping T-shirts on closet, leave end open, place on shelf, and see the different shirts. Then you can remove them from the opening in the box.

Great idea. Thanks

Re: Aldi
I feel for your bad experience at Aldi. Did you try to find manager and talk to her about your concerns? The store I shop seems to be have two cashiers at most time and restrooms are clean.

You have to be careful about the prices. I like to compare price before going there. Chips, Oatmeal, oranges, some specialty items are OK. I like their chocolate though they are bit pricey.

I like Aldi because I go to the store with fixed amount in mind and tell the cashier to stop when I reach that amount. As I have to pay by cash, I can control how much I am spending. I also have no problem returning an item if while checking receipt, I find that the price incorrect. The local Aldi seem to have low cost item and high cost item on shelves near eachother.

We have Festival, Walmart and Aldi within four blocks of each other, Pick-n-Save another 10 blocks away. So I plan and shop. Have you tried Festival? They rotate coupons.

Love these boxes. I might put a piece of contact paper folded over where label is just to be prettier

Organizing AdviceJune 8, 2005
🐛
😎
📓
🌻