Helpful HintsFood Tips

Make Homemade Noodles In Your Bread Machine

This is a bread machine recipe for noodles. It's from my Oster bread machine manual.

Basic Pasta

Ingredients

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • Ad

• 1 cup semolina flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
  • 7/8 cup water

Directions

Do not use delay timer feature. All ingredients should be at room temperature (70-80 deg. F.)

Measure all ingredients into bread pan. Select Dough setting. Press "Start/Stop" and allow to mix 8 to 10 minutes. Then press "Start/Stop" to cancel. Remove dough and roll out on lightly floured surface. Roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Dust with flour if dough is sticky. Cut into 1/8-inch wide strips for narrow noodles or 1/4-inch for medium-wide noodles. Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling, salted water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain in colander.

As you can see, the machine is used just for mixing the dough, so if you have a different machine, you'd just run it on the Dough setting for 8 to 10 minutes.

I got an email through Thriftyfun asking for this, but the emailer is no longer registered with Thriftyfun, so I can't send it directly to her.

By jantoo from Kenosha Co, WI

By Elaine (Guest Post)

Thanks for posting that. Do you think that you could use part whole wheat flour in place of the white? Also, where do you buy semolina flour? I bought some in a specialty store but it was terribly high.

When I use the bread machine I just use the kneading setting . If a person wanted to use part whole wheat I think it would be fine. recipe tha iI use 2 Eggs 2 tb Water
1 ts Salt 2 c Flour
Instructions for Homemade Noodles
Beat eggs until light. Add salt and water. Work in flour to make a very stiff dough. Knead; then form into a ball. Roll out on floured board until very thin. Dust top with additional flour and roll up like jelly roll. Cut in desired widths. Spread out on flat surface and let dry two hours.