Shopping for Reasonably Priced Men's Jeans

I used to buy my husband 33 x 38 Dickies, but I can't find them anymore. I found some 33 x 38 Levi's, but haven't found any in a while, plus they were too expensive just to work in. Does anyone know where I can buy any 33 x 38 jeans for a reasonable price?

By Yvonne

I know that feeling. I have a 25 year old grandson who is 6'8" and needs a 34" waist with a 38-40" inseam. The only jeans we have ever been able to find where we live are Wranglers and regular stores don't handle that size.

Occasionally one or the other of the two Western Wear stores in town will have them, but they only ever seem to have from 1-3 pairs at any one time, and you almost have to be at the store the night before they stock them or miss out on them. They run $35.00-$40.00 a pair in those stores, Occasionally we have to order them right from the Wrangler company and then with shipping they are closer to $50.00 a pair. When you are on a limited income both prices are exorbitant.

My husband used to wear 31 x 36 and I shopped online and catalog at sheplers.com and drysdales.com i think they were about 15.99 or 19.99

I found several that size in Wal-Mart this past spring. The price was pretty good too, if you're not looking for anything too fancy-I think they're called Rustlers, and they cost around $9.

LOL, I was looking for 33x30s, and kept finding those 33x38s, took me forever to dig through the disorganized piles!

I buy hubby's Wrangler jeans once a year during our tax free weekend at either Academy or Cavenders when they are on sale for $17.99 a pair and Wrangler offers a rebate on them. Last year I paid $12.99 a pair after rebate and no tax. I do take them to cleaners at the beginning I find they wash better after going to the cleaners. He wears them to church a few times and then they are washed & become work jeans. I buy enough to last all year and if they don't have enough on hand I pay for them and they will order them to come in. He wears a 36 length I think the 38's are a dollar or two more per pair. I am already watching for the sale and rebate here this month as it happens right before school starts!

Wal-mart does sell a few off brand name jeans. Like frugalsunnie said if you aren't looking for anything to fancy. Also if you have a farm and ranch store in your area you can find jeans there on sale for around $10 pair.

We have an Atwoods where I live ( OK ) that's where I used to buy my husband's jeans before he passed away last year. Usually they will order in the size you need if they don't have it in stock.

I get my husband Wranglers at Wal-Mart for between $11 and $13 just for working in. He has nicer jeans for everything else. Levi's are definitely too expensive for the rough jobs.

Consumer Advice Product FinderAugust 2, 2011
🐛
🌻
📓