Reasons for Not Using Coupons

Although getting only encouraging information is great, it can be equally rewarding to have some of the reasons NOT to do something. When I had plenty of money, could afford mistakes or most anything within reason, I couponed for years on end as a hobby, making about $.75/hr. and accumulated so many products I really could NEVER have used up before they expired. I was a sucker for cleaners, and lotions, etc.

I advise you to just stick to a few coupons and don't get carried away in the habit/addiction of it. You and your family will be happier in the long run...

By Lynda from TX

that was a good adjustment to make, because SANITY is worth a bunch of coupons.

Another reason for not using coupons is you must buy brand names. I've been using store and generic mayonaisse for years. For instance, when a sale came on recently for some Kraft Mayonnaise, I bought two. I discovered I haven't been missing a thing. I use mostly store and generic brands and pay less than if I'd used a brand name with a coupon.

I try to live by the notion that, "no matter how good the price is, if I don't need it, it's a waste of my money."

It's worth it to me to use coupons. There's no telling the amounts of money coupons have saved us since we started using them. One Kool-Aid coupon in particularly that I redeemed landed me a Grand Prize of $5,000. in a Kraft Foods Sweepstakes several years ago, just by putting my name & address on it, before redeeming it at the grocery store. So it's been well worth my time to use coupons!