Swiffer Wet Jet Stopped Working

I have a Swiffer Wet Jet and love it. I have been using vinegar and water in the bottle. It just stopped one day, so I bought another one, and the same thing happened. Has anyone had the same problem? Do you think it is the vinegar and water?

Sue from New York

I sure hope someone posts an answer, because I just bought one and plan on doing this too. I'd like to head any problems off before they happen.

My wetjet did this too after about six months of regular use. I did two things. First I cleaned the end where the cleaner squirts out (it was slightly clogged) and then I changed the batteries. Worked like a charm after that. Hope this helps.

I had one stop working on me too. I went and bought another one. It wouldn't work either. Had my "My Blonde Moment". Check the batteries! Now they BOTH work Great!

Thank you thriftyfun! I have mastered the art of unclogging swiffer wet jets. First, rise off the jets with hot water and stick a pin up into each jet. I used a quilting pin because they are thin and about 1.5 inches long and have a nice round head so it's easy to pull it in and out. Then I replaced all four AA batteries. The swiffer wet jet requires fresh batteries. (Still cheaper than paying someone else to mop my floor.) Now both of my wet jets work like new. I had bought the second one before accepting that this problem required some research.

The idea of changing the batteries is essential. Your WetJet may sound like the batteries are good yet not work. Changing the batteries magically brings it back to life!

I think I may have figured out the solution. Yes, make sure your batteries aren't dead, but you might try pushing the liquid dispenser while moving the mop back and forth. I find that when I want a ton of liquid in one area I'll stop to squeeze squeeze squeeze, and that's when it stops working, but if I am continuously moving the mop then the liquid will dispense. Hope this helps and hopefully it's the solution.

I was so very frustrated by this, then I found out what was wrong. I tried new batteries. Still nothing. The thing is new so I was pretty sure it wasn't clogged jets, but I cleaned them anyway. I took the batteries out and out them back in.

Then I discovered the miracle cure. Take a look at that little door on the newer models behind which you place the batteries. After you put in the new batteries, make sure you slide the door all the way down. You will hear a click. If the door is only being held closed by the bottle, it will not work.

Anonymous

Thank you! Only one 'sprayer' was working - I tried this and both are working!