Cleaning Wax Off of Clothing

I was having my nails done and the lady spilled wax all over my pants and shirt. How can I remove it without ruining my clothes?
Thanks.

By p

Try this: put down a layer of something absorbent that you don't mind soaking up the wax with. You can put down a thick layer of newspaper, and put a clean cloth over it to protect the clothing from the newsprint. Then cover the clothing with something that will protect your iron from the wax, and iron over the clothing. This will melt the wax, which will, hopefully, be absorbed.

You might try a web site about Batik. That is a method of dying patterns into cloth using wax to keep the dye from soaking the areas painted with wax. They get the wax out using heat like this. If the cloth can't be ironed, even on low, I don't know what to do.

I would try putting it in the freezer and let it freeze. The wax may turn loose so you can shake it off.

That's the way I remove candle wax from glass. Not sure if it will work on fabric but I would give it a try.

Yes, try to freeze it and then snap it off. For the remaining wax, iron it with a dry iron and best thing is a brown paper grocery sack or lunch bag. Iron the bag over the wax, and the wax transfers to the bag. Keep doing this with clean waxless spots on the bag until all the wax is completely gone! I've done this several times, it saves your clothes!

If it's dry-cleanable, that will do the trick.

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingJanuary 28, 2012
🐛
📓
😎
🌻