CandyFood Tips

Keeping Dipping Chocolate Warm

I was making candy for the Red Hats Valentine party today and I needed to keep the chocolate hot. I had a Cameo mold and it took 2 steps (2 different colors). Once I heated the chocolate in the microwave, I put the cup with melted chocolate on a candle warmer to keep it soft and warm. I put the white chocolate on the cameo mold first, let it set some, then I put white chocolate, that I had colored pink, over the first layer. The candle warmer worked and kept the chocolate warm between steps.

First time I have ever done this and it really worked. Hope the ladies at our Valentines party enjoy the candy!

By dwedenoja from New Creek, WV

Sounds like a great idea! I always hate having to reheat my chocolate once it starts to cool and harden.

I don't know if many people use these anymore, but my Mom used to use an electric skillet to keep her candy-making chocolate melted.

Melting chocolate and then dipping pretzels or cookies etc. can be made easier if you keep the chocolate warm after melting on a warming tray set on it's lowest setting. I've found that just an occasional stir keeps it at dipping temperature and saves constantly popping it into the microwave. Remember to cover your surfaces with waxed paper or foil for easier clean up!

By Gayle from Gainesville