Removing Acrylic from Big Toe

I've tried removing acrylic from my big toes with pure acetone, but it does not work. I'm stressing now as I have got a fungus infection under the nail as a result of the acrylic. I really want to get the acrylic off so I can start treating the fungus infection. Has anyone got any ideas how else I could remove it?

By Penny11

Not sure why acetone wouldn't work. How about calling a salon that does manicures/pedicures and asking their advice? Should be a simple phone call; I'm sure they'd love to offer help.

You need to go to the salon and let them handle it. Whatever is going on sounds painful and not good!

Go to the salon and let them handle it. It doesn't sound good.

Anonymous

You can have a nail salon remove the acrylic but I suggest to go to your doctor because of the fungus. This is not worth possibly losing a toe or getting cellulitis which is life threatening.

Hello, Please go to the Dr. regarding the fungus and call a manicurist to remove the acrylic from your toes.

Please do not put acrylic on your toes. I have my nails/pedicure done once a month and have never seen anyone put the acrylic on their toes.