Repair AdviceCars

Repairing Front End Vibration in 2004 Jeep Rubicon

I am looking for suggestions to repair a vibration in the front-end of a 2004 Jeep Rubicon. There is a vibration (not safe) between 45 and 50 mph. Then it stops. I have had really bad vibration twice at freeway speeds.

I had the tires balanced and rotated. Then I changed the steering stabilizer. Then I changed the long bar going from wheel to wheel. Then I went back and had a "road pressure" balance done.

I do not know what to do next. Help me please.

By Roy Chlarson from Mesa, AZ

Have you had the front wheels checked for balance?

Sorry, I didn't read the rest of the question. Only what was on the home page. Could it be tie rods, universals or CV joints?

Take off the all terrain tires on it and put highway tires on it and that should do it. Along with the vibration that all terrain tires cause there should be a hum also.

Have you had this since the vehicle was first purchased? Off road tires are a mess and vibrate really bad when they get old. Hope this helps. robyn

Why not take the jeep in to the dealer or a front end shop and let them check the jeep out. You don't have to have them do the work if you believe you are capable of doing the work yourself. What you are doing now is spending cash on a hit or miss solution. They can also give you an estimate of the cost to do the repairs. What you are doing now is unsafe