AdviceFitness

Vibration Exercise Machines

I'm wondering if anyone has used the vibrating machines for health and weight benefits. I understand there is a difference between ones that just shake (no good) and ones that vibrate (more expensive). I am very interested in the health benefits for myself at 46 yrs of age, and my mother at 73. Thanks.

By liz marion from Ontario, Canada

I read that they are extremely dangerous in that should a person have a clot they can dislodge it causing a stroke!
This is my understanding of why they have been taken off the market since 1950! Returning now just means the mfgs. hope the younger generation doesn't have this information and will be suckered into buying them. Even middle aged folks can have strokes, anurisms, and phlebitis! I had
Thrombosed Phlebitis at age 28! A single small vibration of any kind will not do damage that I know of, but a large body-shaking piece of equipment or a belt vibrator is, in my humble opinion, extremely dangerous even if it feels great before the stroke!

Don't take the chance on your good health. No one knows when they might go. Be good to yourself and your body without focusing on it too much. Just reduce your intake, educate yourself in good nutrition, allergies and sensitivities, then choose wisely, exercise regularly by working that body off the sofa.

God bless you as you do. : )