Clean Room Clockwise

I find it is much easier to clean when I start at one end of the room and work my way around in a circle. For example, in my living room I sprinkle baking soda or carpet freshener on the floor so it can sit and deodorize while I clean. Then I start in the left corner and go clockwise around the room, dusting, putting things away, sorting coupons and newspapers, tossing garbage, refreshing fabrics, plumping pillows, and when I get back to where I started, the whole room is fresh and organized and all I have left is to vacuum.

It is fast, easy, and it also gives the carpet freshener a good chance to really get the odors out.

By Shannon from Lakewood, OH

That is a good method. Another is to do like things all at once in all the rooms. Trash, dust, sort, floors, etc. That way, you take out the cloth, broom and dust pan, vacuum, etc just one and it's done. Good tip.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJanuary 26, 2011
💘
🍀