SubstitutionsFood Tips

Using Pancake Mix Instead of Bisquick

I was wondering if you can sub regular pancake mix for Bisquick? I just finished the box, but I have a huge box of the pancake mix, which my boyfriend and I don't eat a whole lot of. Thanks for any info.

Krystal from Newton, Ia

I've done this before with great results, they are practically the same thing... but it depends of the exact brand of pancake mix. You may need to add a tiny bit extra of baking powder to make a fluffy biscuit. You can also use it to make a self-rising pizza dough.

Thank you so much, I really didn't want it to go to waste.

I don't think you can substitute pancake mix for bisquick to make bisquits but you can use the pancake mix to batter onion rings.

I'm not sure about bisquick, but I've used pancake mix to "bread" chicken, etc. It gives a great, crunchy texture to the meat. Simply roll the moistened meat in seasoned pancake mix, and fry. Yummy.

Biscuit time! Ok, I was curious so I used a complete pancake mix (1c.) with half the water that the directions stated. I mixed it up and dropped them by big spoonfuls (5 of them) on to a baking sheet (with parchment paper on it). Baked them at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. They were bland but better with butter on them. Definitely a fast way to make biscuits!

Anonymous

this should be easy

Ok...I was so curious after reading the posts that I used a complete pancake mix to make biscuits. I used half the water asked for to make a sticky dough. Dropped big spoonfuls on to parchment paper on a baking sheet and 10 minutes (at 400 degrees) later--biscuits. Tasted fine with butter. A keeper.

I just used buttermilk complete pancake mix for cheeseburger pie, and it was just like Bisquick! I did add 1 tsp. baking powder for extra rise, and it turned out perfect.

Anonymous

Thanks I was wondering myself.

Phew....this was a life saver. Snowed in & needed bisquick, now comfortable using pancake mix. Thank you!

The two products are virtually the same and one can easily be substituted for the other....with no noticeable difference in the recipe outcome ! Who knew ?...

thanks for info as i only have pancake mix and am craving cheeseburger pie!

I would like to substitute Bisquick with pancake mix for cooking chicken, can you?