LeftoversFood Tips

Quick Leftover Lunch

I had a few leftovers in the fridge and was not sure what I could have for a quick lunch. I had left over mashed potatoes, bologna, and a few mixed vegetables. So I took the bologna and placed it on a plate, then topped with the mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables that I heated in microwave and the fried up an egg for each. Healthy, quick, and delicious!

By Donna from Foymount, Ontario

Anonymous

When I saw you used bologna it brought a memory smile to my face. When my brother and I were young we would put a slice of bologna in a skillet and heat it up as a snack. We ended up calling them sombreros because of the shape they formed when heated. ;-)

Deeli! I used to do that too with my sister! It really did look like a sombrero!

Anonymous

Diva53d, that is so awesome to know other siblings did the same thing as my brother and I! How fun! Sometimes we would sprinkle them with dried parsley or similar looking dried greens, LOL. That was in the late 1960's and we were about 12 and 14 at the time. :-)