Buy Wallpaper at Garage Sales

Some seven years back I managed to collect a lot of matching rolls of Fablon, all from different boot sales. I paid no more than 30p per roll. This enabled me to decorate my half-tiled small kitchen for less than the price of one roll of washable paper! It looked good and lasted really well, we only took it done this year. You never know what's out there unless you look.

By Marg from England

I really love to do that! I haven't been to any rummage sales for awhile (trying to curb the spending & have less stuff)
Also,I like to buy it at a thrift shop at times!

Oh. I love wallpaper. I buy it everywhere, but yard sales are great. I have boxes of it along with rolls of trim. I use it for so many things besides wallpapering a wall, but finding it for a good price makes it even better when you are doing a room. Thanks for your tip.

Several years ago while my son was a baby, we moved to a new home. I had no money for decorating it but love to scout out garage sales. I found brand new wall paper and border for a young boys room at a local sale.

I spent about $5 on enough to do his entire room, all because the woman's son had out grown it before she could use it. It was the cutest paper once it was done - best deal of the year for me!

Better Living Frugal Living TipsOctober 9, 2009
💘
🍀