Recycling Empty Pill Bottles

Any thoughts on recycling pill bottles in the Buffalo, NY area?

By Sharon

Only way safe to recycle pill bottles is call around, the city should tell you if a local hospital or clinic takes these.I use my pharmacy they take them Good for you, not throwing them out. Here we have a 211 number that tells us everything,I'm not sure what they have there. Worth looking into seeing if there is a number, it's the same one for housing, clinics, electric companies etc. If not call the local hospital, just know if they say "throw it away" they are lying, not wanting to be bothered, go on to the next one.Have a great day!

I just now hit the link that took me to 2/2/2010 and there are many great ideas if you would want to help a Missionary group, one is children with AIDS, it also said CVS now takes them. You may want to look. God bless, I hope I helped a little.

I use them for a great deal of things like quarters for laundry/parking/sodas in the car, q-tips, hair pins, toothpicks, buttons, beads, and more.

However, if you are not a crafter or don't need them, donate them to the local assisted living center or day care center. They will find uses for them that we might not even think of...including meds.

Hope this helps.

My mom recently gave me a bunch, and I put them to work in my sewing/crafts room. I put needles, bobbins, beads, plastic rings, wiggly eyes, etc. in mine. Was thinking about watching for an old spice rack at the thrift store to put them on.

Use an old Lazy Susan swivel tray glue the bottles to the tray and then put your items into the bottles that way you can keep them sturdy easy to handle.