AdviceDogs

Puppy Cries all the Time

I have 2 wk old pit bull puppies. The mother had 12 pups and one cries all the time. She is fat and healthy. I don't know what to do for her, help!

Tina from Columbus, Ohio

By Gloria (Guest Post)

I think the best thing to do is first to call the vet
and see if the pup needs to be checked.

By Abigail (Guest Post)

She/he is used to being SO SNUG with the other 11 puppies when they were in the mother. You should get a dish towel or heating pad on low and keep her wrapped up or on the heating pad. She probably feels alone now that they were born. My experience? I am a breeder of pit bulls. Good luck. If I can help any further, email me at abi_eisert AT yahoo.com

She/he is used to being warm and snug tight with the other 11 puppies. If she is fat and healthy, then I would suggest getting a thick dish towel or heating pad for her/him. Keep her/him wrapped up or on the heating pad when not eating.

My experience? I am a lover, owner and breeder of pit bulls. Good luck and if I can assist any more feel free to contact me.

2 weeks old? Get a wind-up clock and wrap it up in a towel or blanket. It imitates the mothers heartbeat.

I suggest taking her to the vet as I had a mother dog that had still born pups still inside of her much after giving birth. This can cause pain, infection and be deadly and often has no symptoms.