Best Dye to Cover Bleach Spots on Clothing

Which dye will do the best to cover up bleach stains (light tan) on brown shorts. My husband was using bleach on something and didn't even realize that it had splashed back on his clothing. I know of Rit and Tintex. Is there anything new that will make these shorts like new again?

I guess the darkest brown should cover, but I've never experimented with dyes before. He actually ruined two pairs of shorts. Help!

By Sharon C Hamilton

My experience is that nothing will completely cover the bleach stains. I think your best bet would be to buy the Rit color remover and completely remove the color and then redye them the shade of brown that you want. Just follow the directions on the packages or inside where ever the directions happen to be.

In the past I've used Sharpies markers to cover up light spots. It worked very well for my problem situations.

Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingSeptember 2, 2011
🐛
🌻
😎
📓