Products for Dry Hair

What is the best product to use for dry hair?

By theladyozz

At 63 I color my hair and it was like straw no matter what I did. Saw this tip on a beauty forum. Don't use products with alcohol. Now using Garnier Fructis shampoo, condition & hair spray. Also Kenra hairspray.

Read the labels, it worked for me. Look for moisturizing products. I also use a bit of shine (silicone) product.

A great treatment for dry hair is olive oil. Although I am no longer a hairdresser this is what we recommended. Warm a small amount of olive oil in a small bowl in the microwave. Use on dry hair only! If you put it on wet hair you will have a big mess. The old adage that water & oil don't mix really applies here. Apply to entire head massaging into scalp. Wrap head with a plastic bag or even saran wrap will work. It also helps to warm a towel & wrap it around the plastic. Leave on for at least 15 minutes. Shampoo & rinse thoroughly.

I had very dry hair for most of my adult life and have tried everything from olive oil to expensive conditioners and nothing helped for the long run. The olive oil helped for a little while until it built up in my hair, then I had a whole different problem.

Anyway, I found this product at Sallys Beauty Supply called One'N Only Argan Oil. It's an oil derived from Moroccan Argan trees. I have been using this for over a year now and I love it! No oily residue. My hair is silky and shiney, frizz free even in humidity. I just use a very little bit in the palm of my hands and rub it through my hair, especially the ends, after my shower.

You can then blow or air dry from there. I can't say enough good things about this product. I run a pretty successful Avon business and I can be honest and say that Avon has a lot of really awesome products for hair, but nothing even comes close to Argan Oil. I really hope this helps.

My favorite for dry hair. Shampoo and conditioner. LOL.

It depends on what is drying your hair out. Use only warm water to wash, gentle baby shampoo and no "conditioner", then only air dry. If you use hot rollers or curling iron, it's way too hot for your hair. Is each strand of hair thin? One thing I take that helps a lot is Biotin supplement, and also a Dollar General Multivitamin for Hair/Skin/Nails which works great. If you are ever in the sun, wear a hat, and avoid the 11:00PM to 3:00PM window when the sun is the hottest, regardless.

If you wash your hair when you shower, do not use hot water EVER on your hair. If you tint it, change to more gentle coloring agent. and do not over-process with a permanent wave...ever. I believe you will like the way your hair turns out after using the Biotin, Multis, and I often use zinc because my hair was thinning on top, genetically.

If you sleep beneath an a/c vent, move your bed of close the vent, if possible. Dry air regions will wreck havoc with hair, lungs, and all mucous membranes, in my opinion. If you use hairspray, search the beauty supply for one without alcohol, a drying chemical that harms all hair.

Now I have a full head of hair, after about 6 months of daily supplements, but it's worth the small price to pay, especially when the doctors said nothing could be done. Yes it can! Good luck and God bless/ help you. : )