Furniture Stain on White Rug!

I bought a cherry wood antique chair recently. When I moved the chair last week while vacuuming, I noticed the cherry wood stain got on my white rug in 4 spots where the legs were resting. The chair's wood stain must not have been completely dry when I purchased the chair. I've tried a carpet cleaner, which didn't take the stain out at all. The antique store didn't have a clue to help me. Please send your ideas...thank you!

Libby G.

Several years ago, my cat knocked over a can of furniture stain my husband was using, leaving a huge spot on the living room carpet. After trying several expensive remedies with no luck, I tried a hint I read online -- squirt foaming shave cream on the stain, work it into the carpet with a rag or brush, let it dry, vacuum up. You may have to repeat a few times. Just get the cheapest shave cream at the store, or try whatever you have on hand -- as long as it's NOT GEL. I was very skeptical, but it worked! At most, you've lost a dollar if it doesn't work for you. Good luck!

Anonymous

Whoever thought this one up is a genius! I tried this and it really worked. Thank you for the idea! 

Libertha?

I just dropped a quart of cherry stain on my white carpet!

Editor's Note: I'd try to get as much of it up as you can with rags or old towels being careful not to drip it on the rest of the carpet. I don't know that you will have much luck trying to get the stain out. I'd look for a new piece to replace that part of the carpet.

Anonymous

I just saw a video on YouTube where they suggested using WD-40! OMG!
I had three drops of dark Old English scratch

stain on my nylon carpet yesterday and it took it out like a charm !! Instantly!! amazing!!! Just make sure you have a rug/spot cleaner to take out the oiliness afterwards . :-)

Spilled Old English furniture polish on beige carpet. What can I do to remove stain?

What is it with all of us and Dark Walnut English Oil???
I sprayed WD-40 and let it sit for about 30-40 seconds then blotted - then sprayed again, blotted and then rubbed.
My carpet is light beige - no it's not - it is mostly white with tan in it. Short, tight Berber. We had a small flood in the basement and I was giving the carpet away because insurance had to replace all of it. I was careless in polishing furniture 4 days ago and got over- spray everywhere. I asked a large family (who have had a lot of bad luck lately) if they wanted the room full of carpet and when they said yes - I panicked - I didn't want to give them terrible carpet. So I took a chance with the WD-40. I am amazed and stunned. I did not think it would work. I have a steam cleaner and I used it to put moisture back into the carpet. It is unbelievable! They loved the carpet and I showed them the 15" X 18" section they would have to look out for. I think the suggestion of using a little diluted Dawn with the hydrogen peroxide might help the spot to NOT collect every little piece of dirt that comes across it.

So very glad I ran across this post! I hope this helps someone else too.