Making Adjustable Yarn Necklaces?

I want to make a 5 strand necklace, using ladder yarn with a big hole bead to to make it tighter. I believe you do a crochet stitch and knots. Is that correct?

By Sharon Bronson from Paisley, FL

Best Answer

I usually buy a chain necklace at the dollar store & attach this to the back. This way you can use the hook (or catch) to attach it anywhere, up & down the chain & you can have many lengths! You can also buy chain at any craft store, but I like to buy it at the dollar store if they have it.

To attach it to the ladder yarn, simply run the yarn (or a matching color of thin yarn or string) through one of the links at the end of the chain. Buy a chain with fairly large links, these work best. Write me here on ThriftyFun if you have any more questions.

I make slip knot leaving about 12" tail, chain stitch as long as desired, & leave tail of same length. Make more strand until you have thickness you want.

Tie a knot at beginning & end to keep strands together. Insert small bead to adjust length if desired. Otherwise, tie a knot in all strands & your'e finished.

Use a trellis yarn or laddder ribbon. Much has been discontinued but you can find bargains on Ebay & etsy.

Crafts JewelryMarch 17, 2010
📓
🐛
😷
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf88553737.tip.html

JewelryCrafts