Making Stepping Stones

No need to buy a 'stepping stone form' to create your garden stones; just dig a hole 4 inches deep in the desired shape wherever you want the stone and fill with quick mix concrete. Be careful not to breathe in any concrete dust!

For decorative stones (not path stones), try digging the hole in sand, dirt, or the gravel on the driveway. Fill with concrete, smooth with trowel, and press in pretty stones. Leave to set over night and lift out in the morning. Just don't make these too large to lift easily.

I have one by my garden bench that says 'Listen'. It reminds me to slow down and listen to the birdsong and the brook.

By Barb from Acra, NY

This is great! And perfect timing too for me! I have a bag of concrete and have been trying to come up with an inexpensive way of getting stepping stones for my front walk. This is great! Thank you!