Cooking TipsFood Tips

How To Use a Broiler for Fish

How do you use the broiler in the oven. I have a recipe for salmon but I'm not sure how to use it. I thought you were suppose to leave the door ajar but that would really heat up your house. If this is the way to do it, is there a way to adapt broiled recipes to baking temps?

Ann

By sandy (Guest Post)

i never keep the oven door open. i broil steak and fish in mine alot. i heat up the oven usually on bake for about 10 mins just to get it hot in there. then i turn off the oven and turn on the broiler. put the pan in with the fish on it following your recipe. turn on the broiler just to see what it does. it will get very hot on the top. red from the heat.
good luck

By Joankay (Guest Post)

A real easy (and delicious) way to fix salmon is to place each filet on a small sheet of foil, add salt and pepper, a little butter and a squeeze of lemon juice. Seal the foil, place on a baking sheet and bake for l5 - 20 minutes, depending on the size of the filets. If I am preparing just one or two servings, I use my toaster oven. Works great and saves on electricity too!