Patio and DeckingHome Improvement

Turning a Patio Into an Outdoor Living Room

We have an enclosed patio just off our living room. I would like to make an "outdoor living room" for the summer.

Any tips...?

Beth

I guessing nice outdoor furniture? Plastics to avoid moisture damage and bug infestations.

Bug bulbs and zappers. Maybe a "brown" astroturf carpet? If you have the money, a weatherproof speaker set for music.

An enclosed fire pit/cage?

I'm guessing enclosed meaning screened with these tips. Take into account humidity, bugs and fading from the sun when furnishing and placement of furniture. Have Fun!

If you go to the hgtv.com site you can find ideas. Paint the floor, add curtains of something fun and airy. Recycle furniture from garage sales. Wicker is always fun. Give it a theme make it look like an cabin or a garden room. There are wonderful sisal outdoor/indoor carpets for little cost and wear wonderfully. I think Penny's has them. The key would be happy and summery, bright and light....a place you want to site for a cup of coffee and read the paper. If you want to use plastic chairs there are patterns for cloth chair covers. How about some nice garden lights in strings or candles etc. If you look thru some of the garden sites there are all kinds of ideas. Luminaria from punched tin cans or fruit jars. I would use some of the new bright colors like citrus green, corals, turquoise blues etc. Make it happy and inviting.