Kitchen ToolsFood Tips

Make Your Crockpot Your Best Friend

I just read about the lady who was sick and didn't want to cook so she and her family went out. I am a sucker for that too. It's so much easier to say "Let's go out." When I looked at my budget and saw how lazy I have become and ate out, it was a month's grocery bill I spent at restaurants. My crockpot has become my best friend.

Next time you want Mexican, just put 4 frozen boneless chicken breast and a 1/2 jar of salsa in the crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours. When done, turn off and add shredded Mexican or taco cheese and your done. Just put chicken mix over chips or in tortilla shells, add some sour cream and you have dinner. Make some Spanish rice on the side with salad. My family loves it.

By Mychel from Secaucus, NJ