ReusingGreen Living

Paper Towel Waste Eliminated

To stretch the use of your paper towels, obtain a net bag (such as onions and other produce are stored in). After using a paper towel to dry hands or wipe water off counter top, place the paper towel in the net bag to air dry. Towels in the bag can be used to wipe up other dirty spills. Of course then the towels can be thrown away.

By Diane from Myrtle Beach, SC

Wouldn't it be better to use a cloth towel for those sorts of things, and save paper towels for truly yucky messes?? Just a thought.

Not sanitary. Use an old dish towel instead of paper. I use them and then throw in wash.

You're all going to think I'm gross, but I've been known to hoard barely-used paper towels where hubby doesn't see them. He throws them away if they have one single crumb touch them.

When possible, I use cloth, but oftentimes it just doesn't work out. Of course, I throw away the nasty ones, like the one with ketchup, mustard and pickle juice from my hot dogs tonight. (I'd use the net bag if I didn't have to hide them!)