Clothes Dried on Clothesline Trigger Allergies?

I had a clothes line installed to save money on electricity. However, when I dry anything on the line; the clothes pick up all the things that I am allergic to and when I bring them back indoors (I also have COPD), I cough, sneeze, and become very uncomfortable. Any suggestions on what to do?

By Bonnie Walker from Bardstown, KY

Try tumbling the line dried clothes in the dryer for 5 minutes to get rid of the allergens.

You need to dry your clothes inside and find another way to save money.

I too would try the tumble dry for a little bit after the line dry, but wear a doctors mask when taking them off the line. I also have allergies and COPD and that's what I would do :-)

I'd like to know if anyone knows if it works to tumble the clothes for 5 minutes when you bring them in? I can't line dry mine either because my allergies are so bad. I've thought about putting a line up in my garage so I don't have to use my dryer so much. I used to put my shirts on hangers & hang them over the bath tub to dry so they wouldn't shrink, I know they looked better & lasted a whole lot longer!

Remember you have to get the clothes hot enough to kill the allergens and you should be ok after that. Hanging them on the carport will probably trigger the same allergic reactions. I find that doing smaller loads and dry time less than full dry and hang on hangers in the utility room works for saving on dryer. Use the dryer, less work too.

Drying clothes outside saves you from using the dryer. However if you are not super careful you could end up spending a fortune as well.

So many people as they grow older end up with severe allergies. Allergies can kill a person. So if you dry your clothes outside how much pollen ends up on them? How can you safely remove it? Thinking ahead can save you so much time and effort. Also the threat of a bee may be stuck in a pants leg or hide in a shirt. When you unpin your clothes you may never see these creatures but they may be there and it would just be your luck it stings the one person in the family who is allergic to bee stings.

So I am proposing that once you take your clothes off the line and shake them well that you run them through a short cycle in the dryer to remove any pollen and to hopefully pull those nasty bees out of your clothes.

I have used this method and it does work. You can see from the lint trap the pollen that has gotten on the clothing and you may even see a dead bee when you remove your clothes.

So please, for those you love, be sure to take special precautions as you line dry your clothing because an emergency room visit can cost you up to $500.00 before you leave the hospital.

By gem from VA

Health & Beauty AdviceAugust 9, 2010
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf90588317.tip.html