Baking Soda and Salt for Cleaning Porcelain

To clean kitchen and bathroom sinks, I mix half a wide mouthed mason jar of baking soda with a 1/4 cup of pickling salt (large grained). It works great, is very cheap and simply dissolves as you use it. No chemicals needed. I usually buy the baking soda in bulk or purchase several boxes when it's on sale. An old cotton tea towel dipped in the mixture makes it very easy to use.

By Quiltmum from Ontario, Canada

I have seen the "Myth Busters" on tv fill a large container with baking soda and water mixed and then they walked across it fast. When they slowed down, they would sink and it was very hard for them to get out .

I must be slow but I don't understand kwinters post. It does not seem to go with Quiltmum's post. What has walking across it fast or slow got to do with cleaning sinks?

Thank you for the tip on cleaning kitchen and bathroom (and Wash Trough) sinks.

I am looking forward to all sorts of tips on just about everything. I am sorry to say that I don't know of any tips that I can as yet forward on but if I do come across any I will be sure to let everyone know.

Better Living Green Living Cleaning Cleaning RecipesApril 1, 2009
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
📓
Generated 2020-07-24 00:51:53 in 769 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf91035951.tip.html

Cleaning RecipesCleaning