Product FinderConsumer Advice

Recipes for Kenmore Elite Slow Cook Setting

I have a Kenmore Elite oven that has both convection and a slow cook options. I have been unable to locate any recipes for the slow cook feature. It has two settings, high which is 4-5 hours and Low which is 8 to 9 hours. Any ideas as to where to find recipes? The manual comes with a very limited number of recipes.

Jackie from Statford, NJ

Slow cookers are great because you can actually put things together the night before in many cases, then cook it while your out the next day and supper is almost ready when you return. I have used a number of slow cooker recipes at allrecipes.com (search for slow cooker recipes) They have dozens:)
Harriet

By alis lee (Guest Post)

I use my slow cooker all the time. The book i use is called Fix-it and Forget-It cookbook byDawn J. Ranck And Phyllis Pelliman Good. Also their other book, Fix-It and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining very simple to follow, and a great Feast to look forward to.

Enjoy your Kenmore Elite Slow Cooker. Alis from Hamilton, Canada

By Ans (Guest Post)

I have just purchased the slide-in range as well. Looking through the manual I found no recipes. I am totally new to convection cooking, saw that the oven (not a stand alone unit) has the slow-cooking feature, and I am thoroughly confused about how to use both features. Any help would be appreciated. Also, how do I use a clay pot roaster in the convection oven? cammon678 @ yahoo

By Dave (Guest Post)

alis lee and Har'iet, We are talking about an oven that has both convection and a slow cook options, not a slow cooker or crock pot.

Jackie and Ans,
I haven't found any either. Let me know if you do and If I do I'll let you know. Thanks.

Anonymous

You can use virtually any recipe designed for cooking in a countertop slow cooker or CrockPot. I have the same Kenmore Elite range that you have and my cooking results have been outstanding. Having said that, I would definitely recommend using a heavy cast iron dutch oven with lid to form a tight seal.

You don't need special recipes to use these cooking cycles for your oven. Use any recipe you find in a cookbook or on the Internet that specifies using a CrockPot or other brand of slow cooker. There are hundreds of recipes out there.