Looking for Starch for Crocheted Items

I am looking for the starch recipe my mother used on crocheted doilies to make them super stiff and hard. They would not droop during humid weather.

By luwanna from Xenia, OH

Best Answer

I use any bottled liquid starch I find at Wal Mart or anyplace similar. It's always worked great for my doilies. I simply pour a small amount into a bowl. I place the doilies in the bowl, and add enough water to cover, mixing for just a few seconds. I allow them to soak for approximately 1-2 minutes, then roll them up in a towel to get most of the moisture out. After that I iron them as usual.

I find I only have to do this about every 4-5 washings, simply using a light spray starch in the meantime.

Crafts CrochetApril 13, 2011
🐛
📓
🌻