AdviceFood Tips

Increasing the Serving Size of a Recipe

I am invited to Thanksgiving dinner at a friend's home. It will be a pot luck dinner. I plan to bring a candied yams, but the recipe says it's for 6 servings. Does any one know how to double the recipe for 12 servings? Thank you for any help.

By Rachelle from Denver, CO

I'm not sure I understand what you're wanting help with. As you've said, you're doubling the recipe. So you simply double all the ingredients. If you have a baking dish large enough, use that, and possibly increase the cooking time a little. Otherwise, use two dishes.

Is that what you were wondering, or are you asking something else?

My favorite recipe site is allrecipes.com. They have thousands of recipes and I'm sure you can find one you like for candied yams. All of their recipes have listed serving size and the ability to increase the size. I really like this site because all recipes are tried and rated.

I'm on the same wavelength as mrs.story. If you want to double a recipe, then just double the ingredients. It makes sense to me!

This was a nutty question. Just as previous commenters stated. Double all ingredients. Just good old common sense.