Ted E. Bear (Shih Tzu)

Ted E. Bear (aka:Teddy) is a 2-3 year old Shih Tzu. Since the loss of my "Panda" some 2 years ago, I had constantly gone on line viewing our local animal shelter hoping to adopt another Chin. Finally 2 Japanese Chins were up for adoption. I hurried to the shelter only to find both had already been adopted. I almost left heartbroken only because I really love the breed and had Panda just short of 15 years, along with her parents and brother.

As I was talking to the volunteer this one dog just sat wagging his tail and never took his eyes off me.The rest is history. Teddy was found wandering the streets and his condition, when found, was heartbreaking. He had to be shaved from being so matted. In his first shelter photo, he looked like a sheepdog. He's a dream.

He loves riding in the car. I lost a leg in a car accident and he walks right by my side on a leash. It will be 4 weeks this Friday that we became room mates and he lifted his leg once the first day he was here. Outside we went and somehow he knew that was wrong.

Ted E. Bear learned to "sit", barks once if a stranger is at the door, and is gentle with children. I can take his food away from him and he'll sit and wait. He has no aggressions. He's the perfect lap dog, loves to sit with me while I crochet and is learning to play.

We went to the pet store where he sniffed out 3 toys, but his favorite toy is an old knotted sock to play tug of war. He's my first shelter dog and wish I could adopt more, but one is all I can handle with my leg. Teddy came already neutered and micro chipped. One of my ThriftyFun Angels kept loving nagging me to adopt and I can never thank her enough because neither Teddy nor I have any regrets.

He's been groomed and struts his stuff when I tell him how pretty he looks. Last Friday was the first time he was left "Home Alone". When I got back home 3 hours later, I slowly opened the door hoping he hadn't partied. There he sat wagging his tail that not one thing was out of place. His only objection is brushing his teeth. I'm truly blessed.

By Keeper from NC

He's a lovely looking dog and I know he will bring you years of joy just as your lovely panda did.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

He has already grown Keeper, and looks like he's the happiest little canine in the world. Dogs and cats may not be able to speak as humans do, but they have ways of casting a spell over

us which allows us to understand they "want to go home with us". We've been there and done that and always lived to be far richer than before we found them. They gave us all they
had and each of them changed our lives forever. I'm sure that Ted E Bear is going to do the same for you. I'm so happy for both of you.

Thank you for sharing all these latest adorable photos of him.
Hug him for us.

Pookarina

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What an adorable little fella Keeper. I'm so glad that you "found" him, and I'm sure you'll never be sorry. He is just perfect for you, and you for him. Angels are smiling big-time.

His photos are so cute. More, more!.

Give him a big hug for us.
Pookarina

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Oh, Keeper! What a lovely love story! Congratulations to you both and many more happy years together!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Dear Keeper - I don't think you had told me about the condition poor little Teddy was in when he got to the shelter. Poor baby must have had a hard time before he came to you.

Of course, we all know that he will never have hard times again. He was very fortunate to have found you to be his human and you are so fortunate to have found such a smart and loving fur baby. Ya'll will be good for each other.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a handsome fellow he is! Congratulations to you both. May you have many long and happy years together.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Aww, How could anyone have treated him so badly? What a sweetheart. Just look at that face. I wish you the best.
Thumbs up. GG Vi

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Aww! Teddy did to you what our Tigger did to us, just without the shelter.

So glad you have each other now. JPJ

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thank you all for your thumbs up and kind words.
Keeper : )

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Pets Pet PagesOctober 25, 2011
🍀
🌻
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf91757619.tip.html