Grease Stain Removal from Clothing

I bought a pair of lovely royal blue cotton trousers, but something leaked in my bag, it was grease. I washed them straight away, but alas the stain was still there. So this time I massaged Fairy liquid into the area and washed again; now there's a small amount of stain left, but it is noticeable. What can I do now?

By Mandy

Best Answer

I have had good luck with Dawn and Dove dish liquid. Dampen the spot, work in a little of the dish liquid. Let it really soak in - and then wash.

I sat on my lip gloss and made a whole in it and I sprayed it with hairspray and dabbed it off with a moist washcloth (do not scrub or stain will spread). There is still a small amount left but it is not noticeable.

Oh and by the way when you spray the hairspray leave it in for 10 - 15 minutes.

I have had good luck with a stain remover made from orange peels. Look for it in laundry sections of grocery stores, or wherever you purchase laundry supplies. This is not a homemade product.

I regret to say I have forgotten the name, but it is quite distinctive from anything else. If you see the product, you will know that it is what I am talking about. It is a small bottle, about 10 oz, and the liquid is orange, as you might expect.

Anonymous

I just read somewhere a couple of days ago that someone easily removed a grease stain from already laundered clothing by rubbing in a mixture of dawn dishsoap and the thick paste that mechanics use to remove grease from their hands (sorry, can't remember off hand what the paste is called). A local mechanic or oil and lube change place in your area would probably be happy to donate a teaspoon or two of the paste to you.

Rub Dawn dish washing liquid onto the stain and throw into the washer.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsApril 17, 2012
📓
🎂
🌻