Set Up a Week's Coffee on Sunday Night

contest winner icon

Save time by setting your weekly morning coffee up Sunday night. Just fill up seven coffee filters with your favorite grounds. Then stack the coffee filters on top of each other and place them inside an empty coffee can with a sealable lid. In the morning, just pull out a pre-filled filter, add water to your pot, and serve to taste.

By Carol L Craig from Spring Hill, FL

Top Comment

Great idea! My hubby makes the coffee every night after dinner. This way he will only have to put the water in! Thanks for the tip!

How many filters with coffee in them can you get in each coffee can? This is a great idea!

Top Comment

I used to do this when I worked in a convenience store. I'd use this same exact method to set up several days worth of coffee.

Made it so much easier and faster, especially when you've got impatient customers waiting!

Top Comment

Good idea to fill up the filters in advance. I usually set up the coffeemaker at night for the next morning. I fill it with coffee and water. All we have to do is stumble into the kitchen and turn it on.

Top Comment

We set ours up at night as well and we use the reusable coffee filter. It's a green world out there and we try to do our part. We also use the coffee grounds on the compost pile.

Top Comment

Spreading the grounds on lawn is OK, but be careful with the compost, if you use it on tomatoes. It's too acidic for them and stunts them.

Now I just fling the grounds onto the lawn. If you let the used filter with grounds sit on a grate on the deck for a day, the grounds fly off clean and you can re-use the filter without washing and weakening it.

Top Comment

I do this as well, but unfortunately, we drink coffee all day, so we are actually setting up for just the next day. lol. That's ok though, it works. I also have an extra pot of water sitting next to my Bunn so that's ready as well.

Now why didn't I think of that? What a time saver idea.Thanks

What a great idea.
Thank you.

Great idea! I set mine up the night before as well; but this is a fantastic idea to be able to utilize as well!

Another "scarecrow moment": if I'd only had a brain I'd have thought of that!

Have you ever considered that you could save a lot more time and money by not drinking coffee, not to mention being in better health? The caffeine in it is addicting and can cause one to be agitated, to get headaches, etc. if one's daily dose is missed. Also I know that I don't want to be controlled by a substance such as this and consider the body to be a marvelous creation, a gift of God. To show appreciation for it I believe we should take the best care of it that we can.