Enjoy Your Coffee More

I drink a lot of coffee, and I'm fussy about how it tastes. I make one cup at a time. Coffee should taste the way it smells while brewing. Ten minutes after brewing, that bright, fresh taste had started to fade away.

There is a lot of controversy as to how coffee should be stored; shelf/refrigerator/freezer. I prefer to store mine in the refrigerator. I have found that exposure to air is the worst thing for causing ground coffee to lose its original fresh flavor.

If you buy large containers of coffee, and keep that coffee in its original container; every time you open the can, you are exposing all the coffee to air. The air degrades that fresh coffee flavor you paid so much for.

As soon as I open a large container of coffee, I transfer its contents to seven or eight smaller plastic containers with tight fitting lids. When I open that last small container, its contents are about as fresh as if I were opening the original can for the first time.

Now, here is something I discovered years, ago. No matter how good your favorite coffee might be, there are times when you don't really enjoy it so much, and I think I know why. I believe you become desensitized to the taste of your coffee, particularly if you drink a lot.

My solution is to keep two or three different coffees on hand; two or three that you really enjoy. Switch coffees occasionally. I think by doing so, you will appreciate each one even more. I know I do.

I do exactly all this. Love this tip :)

While I love coffee too, I have discovered coffee singles. For about .19 each cup, I get a fresh cup every time. They are portable and stay fresh in their foil pouches. You can even get powdered creamers to go along with them. They slip in your purse or car for those times you need a pick-me-up!!

I only drink one or two cups of coffee a day but they have to be good or down the sink they go. My coffee starts with the smell ... it needs to smell fresh and strong. Then comes the taste ... same thing, fresh and strong. I keep my coffee beans in the fridge, grind them as I need them, and am never disappointed.

Old fashioned perc'd coffee is still one of my favorites and the leftover morning coffee makes for a nice afternoon pick-me-up. Sometimes I'll freeze leftover coffee in ice cube trays and add it to a beef gravy and other times I'll thaw out the frozen cubes to use in a mocha cake icing. Bottom line ... I love a good cup of coffee.

Mina

......and I figured you to be a tea drinker, maybe a nice Earl Grey.

If you like an afternoon pick me up, here's one that will pick you up and put you on cloud nine. Using your richest, favorite coffee, make a cup by pouring boiling water over the grounds, do not perk. To the brewed coffee, add a dollop of half and half and one ounce Grand Marnier. I guarantee, there will be none left to freeze into cubes.