Take Tupperware for Leftovers When Dining Out

It is common knowledge that styrofoam equals sustainability's nemesis. When I am forced to take home an entirely too large take-home box after a meal out, I cringe. To solve this, I take a tough, non leaking, Tupperware with me when I eat out now. It's medium sized to fit about any leftovers and I don't feel guilty when I see it in the fridge. I can clean and reuse of course.

On a personal note, yes, you do get a few funny looks, but more of intrigue than despise. :) Maybe you'll inspire other people through your actions.

Source: When I was traveling in Europe this was a must because they don't even have to go containers to offer. Always a step ahead, them Europeans.

By Danielle from Greensboro, NC

That really is a great idea! Never thought of that!

This is one of the best tips I've seen yet!

Definitely ingenious! My personal twist might be to take mid-to-large ZipLoc baggies, with those tough, easy-slide zippers.

Might work well for less-messy leftovers, especially for someone with a smaller purse. (That isn't me, btw...)

I'm not sure about this. One of the joys of eating out is not having to do dishes. That includes takeout containers. Having to wash plastic storage containers spoils that.

Entertainment Dining OutJune 15, 2010
💘
🍀