Marble Jar For Cleaning Makeup Brushes

I found a cheap and decorative way to store and clean my makeup brushes. The mason jar and marbles keep the brushes in place and add a cute shabby chic look to my vanity, and when it is time to clean the brushes I simply pop the lid on with some warm water and baby wash and they have never been cleaner!

Materials:

• mason jar or some other jar with a tight fitting lid
  • marbles or other small filler
  • baby wash*
  • warm water

*Same ingredients as many more expensive brush cleaners and gentle on your face and brushes!

Step 1: Grab your clean mason jar with some marbles/decorative stones in bottom.

Step 2: Add a squirt of baby wash and slowly add warm water.

Step 3: Insert brushes and secure lid. Gently shake to agitate soap with marbles. This will help to loosen the dirt and get your brushes super clean. Repeat a few times.

Step 4: Pour out soapy water and rinse thoroughly with clean warm water. Gently squeeze excess water from brushes and lay on a clean cloth to dry.

Your brushes will be cleaner than ever with minimal mess and clean up! I do this weekly when I deep clean the bathroom. A few shakes in-between tasks and by the time I am done, so are the brushes.

By Teri M from Omaha, NE

What a great idea, and you end up cleaning the bathroom too! I have brushes I've thrown away because they were too disgusting to use. I will definitely be using this. Thanks for the great post!

Gosh, thank you for sharing this tip along with pictures.
I'm going to start doing that :)