CanningFood and Recipes

Canning Zucchini Relish

If you make zucchini relish and you have your canning jars hot and fill them with hot relish do you still have to put them through another hot bath before or after sealing them?

By Mary from Lewiston, ME

I follow what the recipe says to do. I would rather take the extra step and do the water bath process any way. What's the big deal? I also microwave my jars, which are filled with water,to ensure they are sterile. I leave the caps and lids in simmering water. Good luck.

You should properely can them by placing them in a water bath. Like the pp said it isnt really a big deal to do the water bath. Saftey first.