My Plant Window

Plants are both an inexpensive way to brighten your decor, and helpful to indoor air quality. What you see is my "plant window"--the only place in the house that gets any real light, and then only in the morning and it was done entirely from yard sale finds. At various sales I picked up the table, tablecloth, two stools, all the pots, the soil, the trivets, the plants, and the trellis. My final cost was a whopping $13.50.

By Marie E. Cecchini from West Dundee, IL

By (Guest Post)

Great job!:) I have been thinking of doing something like that myself and I am impressed how little it cost you!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

That's a very economical way to create a very attractive oasis. Thanks for sharing! God bless you!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Looks great and congratulations on all your wonderful yard sale finds!!! Thanks for sharing, I love to hear about excellent finds such as these & how they're put to good use.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I had limited light for plants so I came up with a solution for the problem. I put a long fluorescent light over the top of my TV entertainment center right up above a painting.

Then put my plants above the TV. The artificial lighting really makes the plants just thrive. If you want more of spring in the middle of winter, this set up really perks up your mood and your day.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photos GardenJune 29, 2007
🌻
🎂
📓