Finding Vintage Yardley Lipstick

This is a guide about finding vintage Yardley lipstick. A cosmetic brand that you loved to use years ago, may not be available today.

Does Yardley of London make vintage lipstick from the 1960's or 70's? I loved them!

By Bobbie Robinson from Lockeford, CA

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

Yardley has not made cosmetics for years and years so even if you did find a vintage tube it really wouldn't be safe to use. I know your want because I remember my favorite 'Good Night Slicker' and miss the color and the smell! That was over 40 years ago and I still miss it! Please do scroll down and read the ThriftyFun archives below on this page for memory lane including a couple of pictures I posted a couple of years ago that you might appreciate. :-)

Does anyone know where I can get dusty rose Yardley lipstick?

By Lynda from England

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

Yardley hasn't made cosmetics for well over a decade. You could search eBay or Amazon for a vintage tube that someone might be selling but I wouldn't recommend using it due to the age.

My sister does not remember our mother as she was only 6 when our mother died, but when she was a bit older she suddenly "smelt her". It transpired that it was a Yardley lipstick, probably around 1960 or early 1970. The smell enabled her to visualize our mother. Mummy died in 1956.

I would like to find Yardley lipstick from that era. Any ideas? I thought it would make a fantastic Christmas present for her. I had to put down my nickname as there are a lot of Liz's.

Shrimp

By Elizabeth Hughes from Ledbury, UK

Answers:

Finding Vintage Yardley Lipstick

You might get in touch with the Vermont Country store. I used to get a catalog and they often had hard to find products from the past. It looks like they would look for what you want. vermontcountrystore.com (09/22/2009)

By Sharon

Finding Vintage Yardley Lipstick

Try the following, they specialize in vintage cosmetics and perfumes:

quirkyfinds.com

auntjudysattic.com

rubylane.com

tias.com

You might also want to try eBay or craigslist. Good luck. (09/22/2009)

By joan pecsek

Finding Vintage Yardley Lipstick

Hey Shrimp, I got an extra smile that this is your nickname because both Jean "Shrimp"ton and Twiggy were the most popular models for Yardley!

Wow, brought back memories! When I was 13 through 15 in the mid/late 60s I loved Yardley products. I had both Goodmorning Slicker and Goodnight Slicker lipstick colors, which did indeed smell yummy, and the paintbox eyeshadows that you applied with a special brush with water. My mom and dad wouldn't let me have the Twiggy false eyelashes, LOL!

Anyway, I just did a bunch of searching for you because I think anything you find of Yardley for your sister's Christmas present would be wonderful and is an awesome and thoughtful idea!

Here's what I've come up with:

Yardley of London official website. They have a toll free number you can call to ask more questions and purchase current products. Sadly, they no longer manufacture cosmetics. yardleylondon.com

Next is the exact eBay link for Vintage Yardley. Check there often because I did see that there was a slicker lipstick with attached keychain and still had a full tube of the lipstick. WOW! But it sold at the end of July :-( I captured the picture just in time from that sale and it will be posted here for you. Anyway, keep trying this eBay link because you never know when another lipstick might get posted. Currently they do have Twiggy eyeshadow and a bunch of other vintage Yardley items.

http://health-beauty.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=vintage+yardleyand_sacat=26395and_trksid=p3286.m270.l1311and_odkw=and_osacat=26395

This last link I tried to capture the photos, but wasn't able to (probably site blocks the copy option), but you might be able to retrieve them. There are a few to the right you can also open up. If you can get them you could print them for your sister's gift box along with the one I am posting here.
http://www.paperpursuits.com/advault/addetail.cfm?catid=27andsubcatid=64andadid=3815

Oh, and on a separate post I'll send the Yardley ad of Jean Shrimpton that you can print, too ;-)

Good Luck and let us know how you fair!

(09/24/2009)

By Ann

RE: Finding Vintage Yardley Lipstick

Finding Vintage Yardley Lipstick

Here's the Yardley ad with model Jean Shrimpton: (09/24/2009)

By Ann

RE: Finding Vintage Yardley Lipstick

Finding Vintage Yardley Lipstick

Periodically check Ebay. I love to collect and have started selling to scale down. In my research I have seen stuff sold that amazes even me (an organized pack rat)! (09/30/2009)

By Amy

Finding Vintage Yardley Lipstick

Look on Ebay right now, there are 2 listings for Yardley's lipsticks.

I couldn't agree with you more. I find myself looking for perfume that smells like that heavenly lipstick. Why did they stop making it? I've kept a stick I bought 25 years ago just to smell it now and then and remember. (05/19/2010)

By caz

Can you tell me where I can find Yardley Persian Rose lipstick? I have tried everywhere. I do hope you can help me.

By margaertgreen from Carlisle

Answers:

Finding Vintage Yardley Lipstick

I saw some Yardley lipsticks recently on eBay. (09/12/2010)

By joan pecsek

Finding Vintage Yardley Lipstick

My favorite lipstick was discontinued. I searched everywhere to find it. No luck. I put a 6 month search on eBay and was finally successful. When you search for the lipstick, there is a 'button" that will save the search for 6 months and notify you when the item comes up for sale or bid. If you don't find it in 6 months, you can just continue renewing it.

Good luck. When I found my lipstick, I bought 10 tubes. As I am 73, it should last my lifetime. (09/15/2010)

By Maya Lee

Finding Vintage Yardley Lipstick

Yardley has not made lipsticks in over a decade so even if you found the color you're looking for on eBay or other sources I personally wouldn't risk using it because of how old it would be and possible bacteria on/in it. :-( (09/15/2010)

By Ann

Finding Vintage Yardley Lipstick

I agree with a previous post. Try Vermont Country Store, online. (10/23/2010)

By KIM A TERRY

Many years ago I used Yardley's Sea Pink Lustre lipstick and I've never found a lipstick to match it since. Does anyone know where I might find some?