Dried Food off Suede Shoes

I have a pair of suede shoes and after coming home from the family Xmas party, noticed what looks like spilled lasagne and am now just looking to clean them, HELP

Best Answer

Hi,
Make sure to let anything dry completely before trying to remove it. You can try putting some corn starch or corn meal on the stain. Then get a good suede brush and brush it out. The suede brush should help restore the nap or fuzziness of the suede.
Susan from ThriftyFun

Hey, i just posted a feedback in another post about suede shoes and my cheap ways of cleaning them...LOL
I have used a type of spray foam carpet cleaner on a pair of mine before. But you have to test it first inside the shoe or a very small spot where it wont be noticed just in case it may fade or leave blotches. And i used shaving cream also before . Its not as strong but you also have to be careful here too since it contains alcohol and moisture.

Test test test to make sure first. If they are light colored you may can try mild shampoo also. I probably have 8 pairs of suede shoes and i have tried all of the above. I like the shaving cream the best. Just be careful and test since there is so many different types of suede shoes and each fabric will clean differently.
But now walmart sells a suede cleaner in their shoe department you may want to go try. Its around $7 a can. I have yet to try it.

~katt

By Laura (Guest Post)

i have a suede pair of boots and i wore them out to dinner. i realised when i got home that there was a mark on them. i washed them with soap and water but the mark is still there...HeLp!
~Laura~

By (Guest Post)

i used vinegar once and it took the stain away but left my ugg boot discolored tan and orangeeee.

By young jeezy (Guest Post)

just poor some hot water then some shaving cream and then just wipe them off and then you got it babe..

By (Guest Post)

i spilled coffee on my brand new dark brown uggs, and when i tried to rub it off it made it worse. now its just a huge dark spot that lost all its fuzziness. WHAT SHOULD I DO IM REALLY UPSET!

By Vicki (Guest Post)

I was spraying my Orchid Pink Uggs w/ water repellent and they fell over onto the newspaper I placed underneath. Now I have a newsprint mark on them and I never even wore them. HELP!

Most dyes will be removed with hairspray and a cotton cloth then take a suede brush to restore the nap. Don't be fooled a suede brush can remove a lot of stains without any chemicals.

Give the brush a try before you add any cleaners to it. Suede isn't hard to care for really.

By miker (Guest Post)

I got a yogurt stain on my new uggs, what can i do to get this off, I NEED HELP PLEASE!

By Kath (Guest Post)

I was cleaning my uggs w/ the uggs cleaner, and I forgot to diluete the cleaner w/ water and it got out the stain, which was what I wanted but it left a faded circle in place of the ring. My question is how do I get out this faded ring out of my othewise perfect books.

By mother (Guest Post)

try making a mixture of part tomato jiuce and part dishwashing liquid adn rubbing a really small amount on your shoe. it sounds weird but it reall works!! it workd on my uggs!

By rashmi (Guest Post)

Hi,
I had this yogurt stain on my jacket which i discovered after 10 days and The jacket has a faux fur lining inside. I tried washing it with plain water and air drying.i washed the area inside out and then with a damp tissue rubbed the boundaries. there are still some water stains on this light brown jacket. is there any other solution for this without destroying the texture? pls help me,

thanks

By tom (Guest Post)

i went to fill up my car at the petrol station , wearing my brand new suede shoes , i have to spots of diesal on them now , how can i remove them ? i havn't tried anything yet as im to scared to !

By Claire (Guest Post)

I have a pair of sand Uggs and really regret buying the light colour! They have all kinds of miscellaneous marks on one boot and I only had them three days! I am sooo upset. Have ordered some Ugg cleaner and am hoping it will at least fade the marks. Just reading that others have the same problem as mehas made me feel tons better :-)

By Courtney (Guest Post)

For tasman uggs,you can use an ugg cleaner but it CAN NOT contain scratch guard

By No Name (Guest Post)

I spilled coffee on my orchid pink ugg boots. I used dish soap and water to get it out, but it left a white stain in place of the spot.

how can I get it out (by not buying the ugg cleaner)? also, i got rainwater all over them, how can I get that out as well??

By ONE-DIRTY-UGG =( (Guest Post)

i got these new UGGs, and i've only had them for what... 4 days? and all of a sudden i found all of these stains on ONE of my boots! i am soo upset because you cant wet UGGs and i have no idea how to clean them! anyone have an EASY way to clean them WITHOUT he UGG cleaner?