BeefMeats

Using Leftover Beef Brisket

Any ideas on using leftover beef brisket? Thanks.

Mary from Huntley, MT

I like to cut up or shredd left over brisket and put it in freezer bags or containers then add your favorite bar-b-que sauce. If you portion it for the size of your family, this makes great quick meals or sandwiches. Just put it in a sauce pan or the microwave to warm.

I use leftover brisket to make hash. Just chop up the brisket and cook it with onions. Add sliced or diced potatoes and any spices you like. Cook slowly over low heat until potatoes are done. It is great. I make hash out of brisket, roast beef, leftover pork chops and whatever meat we have left from yesterday's dinner. It's also good made with link sausage (cut up in small pieces).

By (Guest Post)

I grind up the meat, add gravy and onions. I mix some biscuit dough, flatten out the dough and put the meat on top. Roll up like a jelly roll. Bake until golden brown in 375 oven, serve with additional gravy or anything else you prefer.

When the family was home a little left over roast went a long way. I usually served this with a salad. HQ

By kllyk113 (Guest Post)

I have the same problem (mine is actually a smoked venison haunch, but it tastes about the same!) and am getting ready to shred some of it, reheat with a little garlic and chili powder, and use it for tacos. Hopefully it will be ok! I'm going to try the hash too. Good luck!

By Starlight (Guest Post)

We use some to make burritos and some to make hot beef sandwiches with melted pepper jack cheese on them. Any cheese would do though! They are great! I have also made a Beef Pot Pie (reciepe is on allrecipes.com) and that comes out excellent! I also freeze some and use BBQUE sauce on it for a quick sandwich or a night too busy to cook. There are endless uses! Enjoy!

By Yankeedog (Guest Post)

Shred it and put it in fried rice...

By joe bob (Guest Post)

I would imagine that if seasoned right, you could use the shredded brisket in place of ground beef. I am planning to use it for cabbage rolls and stuffing for bell peppers. I don't know if there are actual recipies for that.