Cleaning Glass Shower Doors

Does anyone out there have any suggestions for cleaning glass shower doors? I have tried about everything under the sun, but have found nothing that works without using a lot of elbow grease. Please help.

By Wilma from Jacksonville, NC

Wet down the doors, use a "magic eraser" with baking soda, rub that in, then spray vinegar (I keep some in a spray bottle) over the baking soda, let sit for 5-10 minutes, respray again and wipe with magic eraser. Rinse. Should sparkle and no harmful vapors. Hope this helps!

Hi! I'm from J-ville, too! The very best way to clean shower doors is with a used dryer sheet. They are just slightly abrasive, and leave a nice smell, too. I have also found that they doors stay nice and shiny longer when I use a dryer sheet.

My grandmother has glass shower doors and uses a squeegie to "wipe" them down after she showers. She says it saves her lots of work trying to scrub them. I've also heard friends praise how well the Magic Erasers (or generic equivalent) work on glass shower doors.

Have you tried Oxyclean? Make up a spray bottle of it and after your shower spray it on and in the track area and watch the grime disappear.
Kate

A cleaning friend uses dish soap, slick as a whistle and looks really good.

I have tried everything with no luck! So I finally found something that works wonders!! I fill up a bucket with warm to hot water and some Dawn dish soap and place it in the shower. Then I put some 20 Mule Team Borax into an unbreakable dish and jump into the shower. After wetting my rag/sponge in the Dawn/Water solution and wringing it out somewhat, I dab it into the dish of Borax. I apply it to the glass and keep repeating this procedure until I've done the whole door. Rinse it down with hot water from the shower and it's like new! I dry the door with flour sack dish towel(s) without fabric softener! You could also use a scrapper blade if it's really bad. I just bladed all the shower stall tiles and on the stall flower also. It just takes it away!

Happy Cleaning!

I'm having the same problem. I'm fed up that I'm about to just do it the easy way out and just replace with brand new showers doors on sale, then just make sure I do the upkeep of maintence on the new doors after every shower everyday.

Just use Goo gone, works like a charm with no harm.

Anonymous

baking soda