RemovalHair Tips

Using an Epilator

My partner bought me an Epilator for Christmas but I'm scared to use it as I have heard it is very painful. If anyone has any tips on how to diminish a little of the pain that would be great. Thanks.

Joanne from England

By londa (Guest Post)

Hold the skin a bit tighter with your free hand. The more you use it, the less pain it will cause because the hair gets weaker from being pulled out over and over. After I used mine for several weeks the pain was really minimal.

And so worth it! Really smooth skin, no stubble! Be brave, be beautiful!
Londa

Go outside on a cold day for two minutes and do the epilator with cold skin. REally helps.

By Millie (Guest Post)

I like to use mine after my shower. I've been using one for at least 15 years and have very few leg hairs now. I have very smooth legs and no stubble.

just to say thanks to millie kimhiss and lastly iona about using my epilator will take all the advice given thanks joanne1012

By Connie A. (Guest Post)

I thought that was the coolest product since sliced bread when it first came out. My husband bought me one for Christmas. I TRIED to use it at least 3 times and the tears flowed. I don't mean to be ugly but they DO HURT. These ladies that use them and like them probably have a higher pain tolerance than I do. I guess I am a wimp but pulling a bunch of hair out by the roots isn't my cup of tea.

I finally took it back to the store where he bought it. The cashier laughed and said "These things have been coming back so fast, I think we have gotten all we started with". That must say something, it did to me. Best of luck with it. Maybe they have been redesigned since then.
Connie

I have a really high pain tolerance and hate shaving my legs, so I thought this would be great. Boy, was I wrong--it hurt so much. Years later, I bought another model which was supposed to hurt less, but it still hurt a lot. Needless to say, they sat in my drawer for years. About 10 years later, I found and bought a really neat one that said was almost pain free to use. Personally, I think they should torture the men that design them by removing all their body hair with em. Pain free, I don't think so. I wondered if you could use some kind of topical numbing agent. I just won't use one. Some people have more sensitive nerve endings than others--hope you're one of the lucky ones.

By joanne 1012 (Guest Post)

Thanks for the feedback susanmaj p. I will use it and hopefully it won't be too painful, since my partner bought it as one of my Christmas presents.

So thanks to everyone who answered my question. joanne1012