TipsFrugal Living

Less Toothpaste Means Big Savings

If you put toothpaste on only 1/2 of your toothbrush, it will last twice as long.

By Bill from TX

Editor's Note: I would add to that: Brushing and flossing your teeth also means big savings on dental bills.

Brushing/flossing your teeth also means keeping a healthy mouth and avoiding other possible health problems.

No one needs to use a lot of toothpaste to get the job done. I think I read you should use the equivalent of a small pea.

I brushed my teeth twice a day for 60 day with a 1oz sample. It can be accomplished.

I use toothpaste the size of a pea or a little less to brush my teeth. Toothpaste lasts even longer than filling up 1/2 toothbrush and does the job just as well.

I would use the recommended amount of tooth paste - savings on your dental bills is far greater than toothpaste savings. Having said that, you can save money on your toothpaste (or any easy to cut tube of cream) by cutting open the empty tube with a scissor - it is amazing how much of a cream remains in the " empty tube" once it is cut open.