ClothingCleaning

Polyester Activewear Crinkled in Dryer

I must have left my activewear silky polyester pants in the dryer too long, as they now have a slightly crinkled appearance. Got ideas how to get that out?

By Carolyn from Clovis, CA

Take several washcloths and wet dampen them with water and put these back into your dryer with the wrinkled article and run for only 10 minutes then remove promptly. The wet washcloths cause steam to be made and the steam helps remove the wrinkles. To be double sure, you can also mist the wrinkles with water from a spray-bottle too.

Try Downy Fabric Release. (I buy it a Target.) I use it on T-shirts, pants, etc. anything that comes out of the dryer slightly wrinkled. Just hang the item on a hanger and follow the directions.

Occassionally, I may have to spray an item twice. I'd advise laying an old towel on the floor beneath the item as you spray it.Iit can make the floor a little sticky.

I know exactly what you mean, it happened to one of my favorite Activewear sets. I accidentally dried mine on high heat & it was so wrinkled. I just re-washed it on gentle & hung it to dry. Now it's fine but really thought I had ruined it.