BirthdayGifts

21st Birthday Gift Ideas

My boyfriend is turning 21 on the 26th of October and I don't know what to get him. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

By Racquel from Guyana

Well it really depends on the man. Is he looking forward to being 21 so he can legally drink? Get him a bottle opener (and I would advise to say goodbye). If he is a good guy then maybe an mp3 player. Or you can go cheaper and just get him a copy of the CD of yours he is always borrowing/listening to. If he is into sports get him a mug/hat/shirt/jacket of his favorite team. If he is into hunting get him something cammy. Golfing, a box of golf balls. Fishing, a new rod.

I could go on but you can see it really depends on the guy and what he is into. If you are looking for advise on a gift because you want to say something special to him you need to tell us what you want to say.

Good Luck

CD, an itunes gift card, gift cards to places he likes like Starbucks or a restaurant. If money is tight how about a homecooked meal and a DVD night, complete with popcorn, sodas and candy treats

What does he like? For birthdays, what I love to do is go to the $1.00 store, get 3 or more balloons, attach them to a wooden hand back-scratcher, which everyone enjoys! These are always fun, bright, cheerful, and LARGE so everyone knows that someone is super special! Or having a special day!

It might include in a card some "coupons" for things that you can do and enjoy with him; like a "picnic" coupon; movie and popcorn coupon; dinner coupon, etc.

What I did for my kids on their 21st birthdays may be different for you to do in Guyana, but here goes: I got 21 each, pennies, nickles,dimes,quarters, and half dollars. I wrapped them two ways. I either wrapped each coin in foil, and put them in container with Easter grass type of material. Receiver had to first find the coins, then unwrap them to spend them. 2nd, I would have a big box and would tape the coins, one by one, to the sides, bottom and top of the box. Again, receiver had to unwrap/un-tape them to be able to use them. This is a conversation piece for years to come. You would need to adapt this to your currency, of course.

What I did for my kids on their 21st birthdays may be different for you to do in Guyana, but here goes -- I got 21 each - pennies, nickles,dimes,quarters, and half dollars. I wrapped them two ways. I either wrapped each coin in foil, and put them in container with Easter grass type of material. Receiver had to first find the coins, then unwrap them to spend them. 2nd, I would have a big box and would tape the coins, one by one, to the sides, bottom and top of the box. Again, receiver had to unwrap/untape them to be able to use them. This is a conversation piece for years to come. You would need to adapt this to your currency, of course.

Does anyone have a good gift idea for someone turning 21? I bought him Bears vs Green Bay tickets last year when they played on New years Eve. How can I top those this year? I'm stuck! I know this is a strange request, but I need something good.

Nikki from Chicago, IL

Answers:

21st Birthday Gift Ideas

I got my children a special ring that I thought was in their taste. My son is 25 and wears the ring when he's not at work. My daughter is 21 and a Marine and is only able to wear 1 ring and she loves showing it off. It meant the world to both of them that I put my heart into the gift. And they'll have it for years to come. (11/05/2007)

By Cheryl H