ToysProduct Reviews

Baby Playmat Reviews

I'm wondering what everyone thinks is the best baby play mat to have. Is one good with just toys or should it play music too? What's your opinion?

Split99

I found that a playmat with different textures provide plenty of entertainment for a baby that cannot crawl off of it yet. I know how important tummy time is, but some kids are just not into it. Sounds will keep them busy just as long as shapes, colors and different surfaces because a babies attention span is fairly short. You will be lucky to get 30 minutes, after that, those babies are just plotting the next move...the actual move.

I think the best bet is a playmat with an overhead activity center, so once the are rolling to and fro they have something to look at from both angles. Most kids in my family have been crawling by 7 months so those playmats do not get a lot of use. Go for cheap, go to a baby resale store..and whatever noises those early baby toys make, keep in mind that most children's toy marketed to age 5 and before make noise of some sort. For new babies, stick to the basics.

My son loves the baby einstein playmat. It has a star that blinks and plays music. It also has toys that dangle from it. Right now they have it at sams club for $35 which is a good deal. Every where else there $50. Hope this helps.