ElectronicsProduct Reviews

Kindle Fire or Nook Color?

Does anyone have any experience and preference they'd like to share on whether the Kindle or Nook is better (for them)? I'd like to have one, but I find the comparisons all over the Internet are very confusing. Hearing from real people would be so much better! Thank you.

By BonnieAlice

I was going to buy the nook tablet over the kindle. I was also interested in the the internet and getting e-mail, so I wound up going with the Samsung Tab 8.9. It's a bit bigger then these others and bit more expensive, but I don't regret it. The iPad was too big for portability. I know the review was for the kindle or nook tablet. If looking for a bargain, I would have gone with the nook for all the research I did on it. It's worth the extra $50. Good luck!

I have the kindle and love it. I don't have the kindle fire as that wasn't out at the time I bought my kindle. Now that the library is set up for loaning to the kindle there isn't much difference between the fire or the nook. However, the sites for books that I have seen for downloading, are usually a couple dollars cheaper for the kindle than the nook.

I have the Kindle Fire and absolutely love it. That makes me partial. I bought in when it first came out ( I had ore-ordered it) and since then I have loaded it with games, applications, and of course, books. There are a couple of sites that I get emails from with free books and I currently have 187 books on it, Some I may never read, but they sounded great at the time and the free price was great.

Amazon has good deals of the day along with very reasonable prices. The email customer service for any questions has been wonderful and quick, usually within just an hour or so. Phone calls would be even quicker. There's a Kindle forum there too for ideas, questions, hints, etc.

I love reading in bed, but sometimes wanted the option to be able to play a game of cards, or something too, in bed. Now I can. The Kindle Fire is, to me, is a mini computer, unlimited storage on Amazons' "Cloud" watch videos, movies, listen to audiobooks, to your music, check/send email - anything my PC can do- this beauty can.

I absolutely love my Kindle Fire. I have wireless internet access and can read my email without paying the additional connect fee ($30 a month) of a smart phone. I'm doing without the smart phone. Also, the Kindle Fire will find an unsecured wireless connection if its available where you happen to be.

I got my Kindle Fire the day they came out. I was advised to get it over the Kindle or the Nook. The cheapest Kindle has ads that run constantly...so beware. The Fire is just like a computer or an I-pad (a lot less expensive) and you can do everything on it you can do with a smart phone - except make phone calls). Connecting via the wireless is a challenge when traveling since you have to find an unsecure connection, but otherwise I love it!

I know people that have both, and they both adore them. I think either way you would be good. But Kindle Fire seems to be more popular, so you might want to get that one.

I bought the Nook Tablet. I am not too 'puter smart' and there is a Barnes and Noble book store in my area that I can go to for help.