Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Subtle Creamy Yellow Paint

I am having a difficult time finding a subtle creamy yellow color to paint my family room/kitchen. Every color I have tried is either too bright or too yellow and suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
LP from Massachusetts

Try "Battenburg Lace" (sp?) from Sears. We used it in our bedroom and it looks great.

Me again! It's Sears Easy Living paint. We got a satin finish. I remember on the card it looks more creamy, but then once it's on the wall, you can see more of the yellow. It's very pretty and subtle.Good Luck!

If you can find an object or picture that has the color you want, take that with you to your local paint department and to the paint mixer (Home Depot is usually real good.) They will mix it until it is the color YOU want, and having that picture will help you to match it.

Some ideas from this non-pro are when you find some swatches get enough to make a bigger size, so that you can take the color home (mabye 8x10}, use a gentle tape, see what it looks like at different times of the day, curtains open, curtain shut, lamp light, etc.Hope it helps, Kersti Bellevue

I think you need to think cream with a yellow tinge rather than yellow per se. Nowadays there are so many paint choices and they mix them right there in front of you - so there shouldn't be a problem. Just get the color you can and duplicate it.

I sure understand what you're saying. I'd think cream with a hint of yellow and I think you'll get the shade you're looking to get.. Dont forget that all paints look one shade darker on the wall than on the paint chip.. (gasp)...

Mix your own sample with craft paint and when you have the shade you want, take it to be computer matched. I do this all the time.

Try Benjamin Moore's Bronzed Beige c18/2151-50 in an eggshell finish for more light reflection.It comes out a very soft creamy yellow inspite of the name! Good luck.

You can mix your own paint colour. Add white paint to the too-bright or too-yellow colour. Keep careful notes of the proportions, for example, one part white to one part yellow, when you are experimenting. Then you know how to mix an extra batch if necessary. Have fun!

To make a lighter/whiter colour, you should always add small amounts of the colour to your cream or white paint - NOT the other way around. If you start with yellow paint and try to lighten it, you will be adding cream forever and never get it light enough!

I've used a color match of a Benjamin Moore paint -- don't remember the name. Here's the recipe for Walmart Color Place paint:

B - 0.5; L - 5.5; C - 32.5
Light Base, satin

I hope the photo gives you an idea of the color. Good luck in your search

I used C2 Moxy